- Have you ever thought you should cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Do you get angry or defensive when people talk to you about your habit?
- Do you feel like you need a drink, hit or line to “get going” in the morning?
- Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed about your drinking or drug use?
- Do you make decisions based on the availability of alcohol or drugs?
- Do you take risks you should avoid in order to drink or use drugs?
If you or your loved one can answer “yes” to any of these questions, the problem with drugs or alcohol may be more serious than you thought!
Problems with alcohol or drugs can affect every aspect of a person’s life, creating work, family, legal and medical issues.
Getting all of that sorted out requires more time, attention and energy than most people can produce on their own. And it’s easy to put off dealing with it once the crisis is past.
“Quitting” vs. “Staying Quit”
Using the latest developments in Relapse Prevention Training, we teach our clients how to manage the addiction on a daily basis to prevent “slips” and drifting away from their commitment to stay clean and sober.
We Are Substance Abuse Experts
Atlanta Area Psychological Associates has been providing mental health and substance abuse services to the metro Atlanta area for almost 25 years. Now we are putting our combined 100 years of Alcohol and Drug Treatment experience to use in this unique program.
We understand that drug and alcohol problems are connected to many other issues in people’s lives - relationship problems, parenting issues, workplace issues, stress and anger management. We have the knowledge and expertise to help with all of these areas, because we are a “one-stop shop” for virtually any issue related to mental and emotional heath.
Our treatment program is NOT staffed by minimally-trained para-professionals, as many programs are. We have highly-trained counselors with graduate degrees and professional licenses, providing guidance and therapy to help you get through the toughest problem you may ever face.
A Comprehensive Range of Services
- Level I Treatment Group (3 hours/week) *
- Level II Treatment Group (9 hours/week) *
- DUI Evaluations (State Certified) *
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Problems
- Marriage Counseling
- Anger Management
- Pain Management
- Treatment for Depression and Anxiety
- Liaison with Court and/or Probation
* We are state certified to provide Clinical Evaluations and Treatment for the Georgia Risk Reduction Program (repeat DUI cases).
Call (770) 953-6401 and press “1” to find out more or set up an appointment